The YMCA of the Desert is in partnership with the City of La Quinta to operate the La Quinta Fritz Burns Pool, located on the corner of Avenue 52 and Avenida Bermudas in La Quinta. With one twenty-five yard pool and one small children’s play pool, this is the perfect site to learn to swim, perfect your swimming skills or just enjoy water fun. We offer a variety of programs at this pool, from youth and adult swim lessons to water polo to a mile high masters swim club. This pool operates during the summer season only.
Join us this summer at the La Quinta Fritz Burns Pool!
78-060 Frances Hack Lane
La Quinta, CA 92253
Registration is required for all lessons and programs. Registration is open until the Thursday before class begins. when signing up, please specify the lesson or activity code.
Please Register for All Sessions By:
Member Versus Non-Member
The only time a resident versus non-resident YMCA registration fee will be applied is when you register for youth swimming lessons. La Quinta residents will have the YMCA annual program registration fee waived, whereas non-residents will be required to pay the annual program registration fee of $30.00 per individual or $60.00 per family. La Quinta residents must show proof of residency with either a valid driver’s license or current utility bill.
For the 2017 summer season, the La Quinta Fritz Burns Pool will be offering an expanded array of programs! Watch for:
- Recreational swim team
- Water aerobics
- Private and group swim lessons
- Splash ball water polo
- Specialty programs
The popular and much-anticipated youth swimming lessons and recreational swim times will still be offered as well.
The YMCA of the Desert has the right to cancel any class if minimum class registration numbers are not met. Each class must meet the minimum number of participants registered in order to hold the class. If this number is not met, patrons will be asked to join other classes or receive a voucher for a different session date.
Program Credit Statement
A refund is issued ONLY when the YMCA cancels the activity.
NO refunds are issued after the program has begun.
A cancellation fee is charged for some programs due to the insurance and uniform fees paid in advance.
Admissions Credit Statement
NO REFUNDS are issued after patron has paid and entered the aquatic center.
Rain Checks are issued for closures due to thunder and/or lightening, pool closures, or safety/hazardous conditions beyond our control.
Snacks at the Pool
Swimming makes every swimmer hungry
Purchase a snack and something to drink at the pool this summer! Popular concession items available include:
- Ice cream
- Otter Pops
Items will change periodically – ask at the pool desk for what’s new!
The La Quinta Fritz Burns Pool wants to see you in our programs! If you are interested in trying a class before committing to a full session, please give us a call at 760.771.4347 to check class availability. For each class attended, a drop-in fee will be applied at the front entrance of the La Quinta Fritz Burns Pool. We look forward to seeing you!
All patrons entering the facility during Recreational/Lap Swim times are required to pay the facility admission fee, including swimmers, non-swimmers, and spectators.
- The rules and requests made by lifesaving personnel must always be followed.
- Walk; don’t run in and around the pool facility
- Children under thirteen years old or less than four feet tall must be accompanied by a parent or responsible person at all times including on the deck and in the restroom. While in the water, the parent or responsible person must remain within arms reach of the child.
- Children who are not toilet-trained and less than four years old will be allowed in the pool only if they wear a swimsuit diaper. Cloth or disposable diapers are not allowed.
- Acceptable swim attire must be worn by patrons on the deck and in the water. Patrons with religious concerns regarding modesty may wear clean, covering garments that do not interfere with their safety in the water.
- Animals are not allowed in the building or pool area, with the exception of guide dogs. Guide dogs are allowed on deck, but not in the water.
- Persons who appear to be under the influence of alcohol or narcotics will be denied admission.
- Candy, food, or beverages are not allowed except in designated areas provided for eating and drinking. No glass items, chewing gum, or smoking is permitted anywhere in the facility.
- Toys, flotation devices (water wings), snorkels and masks are not allowed unless part of an organized class or activity, and U.S. Coast Guard approved. use of all flotation devices must be approved by the pool manager.
- The use of sunscreen is encouraged, and patrons must shower before re-entering the water.
- All patrons must shower before entering the pool. Persons with open cuts, sores, bandages, colds, coughs, or infected eyes are not permitted in the pool.
- Weak or non-swimmers must remain in shallow water no deeper than chest level.
- No one should engage the lifeguard in unnecessary conversation.
- Diving in water less than nine feet deep, back dives, somersaults, “cannon balls” from the side of the pool or any other unsafe activities are not permitted.
- Laying on the deck close to the edge of the pool where swimmers may trip over sunbathers is dangerous. Sunbathers must lie or sit at least three (3) feet away from the edge of the pool.
- Spitting, spouting, or nose-blowing in the pool is strictly prohibited.
- Dangerous practices are prohibited. Patrons must not run on decks, climb, sit or jump from fences, dive in shallow water (less than 9 feet deep), swim in the diving areas, or dunk, push, pull, or unnecessarily splash swimmers.
- Emergency procedures must be observed. Swimmers must leave the pool area immediately upon the signal or request of the pool manager or lead life guard on duty.
- Foul or abusive language will not be tolerated.
- A patron will be verbally warned for the first offense; the patron will be asked to leave the pool facility if a second offense occurs.