Looking for a position here at the Y?The Family YMCA of the Desert is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer! Check back with this page frequently for new job opportunities as they become available.
Download Our Employment Application (184 KB)
Minimum age – 16 years old
No Experience Necessary!
Lifeguard Certification Required for Lifeguards.
Not Certified? We can help you with that! Contact us for details. Certification classes are being offered.
First Aid and CPR required in addition for Swim Instructors.
Maintains safe swimming conditions in the pool, deck, and surrounding areas. Creates a safe and positive atmosphere that promotes member safety and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures.
ASES After School Enrichment
Family YMCA of The Desert is seeking individuals who are driven to make a difference in the lives of the families we serve. We are currently hiring for positions within our after school programs in the Palm Spring Unified District Monday – Friday.
Our school based programs offer children and families meaningful relationships and a constructive learning environment.
YMCA After School Enrichment Program Goals include
Memories: Making wonderful memories and being that caring counselor who took time to make all of our children feel special.
Fun: The YMCA is a srtong believer in the value of fun and offer a variety of opportunities for kids to be kids and have some plain old fun.
Values: The YMCA is a value driven organization with a mission that is defined by five key principles: Love, Respect, Honesty, Responsibility and Service.
Safety: In YMCA daily programming, safety is the top priority. Physical safety, but also the security in knowing every child is welcomed and nurtured.
Growth: Through specific skills development, team work, sportsmanship,and value centered programming, we support the growth of healthy children in spirit, mind and body.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Incorporate and Model our YMCA principles into your work.
- Commit to establishing long-term relationships with staff, volunteers, participants, members and families.
- Ability to communicate well with children, staff and parents.
- Sense of humor, positive attitude and fairness.
- Ability to work independently as well as create and lead work teams.
- Ability and willingness to perform any and all jobs in the program.
- Ability and willingness to participate in 15 hours of job related training annually.
- Ability to sit on floor or child sized chair, stand for 1 hour periods, occasionally lift 50 lbs,
and crouch for 15 minutes.
- Ability to multi task.
You may either deliver your application to our administration office at:
43-930 San Pablo Avenue, Palm Desert, CA 92260
or fax it to 760.601.3812